Hit and Run Motor Accidents
A road accident where identity of the motor vehicle causing death or injury to the person(s) is not known is called “Hit and Run Motor Accident”. As per the New Hit and Run Motor Accident Compensation Scheme-2022 the compensation payable to Hit and Run victims stands revised, with effect from 1st April 2022, at Rs 200,000 for death and Rs 50,000 for grievous hurt.
How to claim compensation?
- Application for compensation, is required to be submitted by the injured victim himself/ herself or dependent/ legal representative of the death victim to Claims Settlement Commissioner of the district where the respective accident has taken place.
- Duly completed Formats I, II, III & IV, along with supportive documents are required to be sent by the respective district authorities to General Insurance Council by post or to the Council’s dedicated e-mail id i.e. email@example.com
- Payments for successful applications are released by the Council directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Formats I, II, III & IV, required for this purpose, can be downloaded from the link provided below.
- Download Hit and Run Motor Accident forms in Hindi Click here
- Download Hit and Run Motor Accident forms in English Click here
DLC Members List
- DLC Members for South Zone- United India Insurance Co Ltd Click Here
- DLC Members for West zone- The New India Assurance Co Ltd Click Here
- DLC Members for North zone- The Oriental Insurance Co Ltd Click Here
- DLC Members for East zone- National Insurance Co Ltd Click Here
HIT AND RUN motor accident compensation claims information booklet Click here